- 1- Package Hurst’s® HamBeen’s® 15 Bean Soup® (Beef Flavored)
- 1 lbs.- Ground Beef
- 1- Cup Diced Onion
- 1- Cup Diced Green Pepper
- 1- Cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2- Cup Yellow Mustard
- 1- Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2- Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1- Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3- Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 6- Cups water
Cooking Directions ( reviews )
- Place the dry beans in a colander or sieve and rinse with cold water. Check for any small stones or debris that may be present and discard. Cover the beans with at least 2″ of water and soak overnight or at least 8 hours. (This will speed cooking time up considerably)
- Place the soaked beans in a large soup pot with 6 cups of water. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat and simmer (covered) for 45-60 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Remove the lid and continue to simmer.
- While the beans are cooking, brown the ground beef in a large saute pan and add to the bean mixture when done. Using the leftover grease from the meat, cook the onion, green pepper, and garlic for 10-12 minutes over medium-high heat. When the onions become translucent, add mixture to the pot.
- Stir to combine. When beans are completely tender, add in remaining ingredients.
- The final step is to add Hurst’s beef flavoring and simmer for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve nice and sloppy on a hamburger bun with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
add your own review
There are currently no reviews for this recipe. Click the "add your own review" to share your opinion!