- 1.5 lb. ground beef, browned
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1- 15 oz. can stewed tomato
- Juice from 1 lemon
Cooking Directions ( reviews )
- Traditional Method:
- Place beans in a large pot or bowl and cover with at least 2" of water. Allow beans to soak overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After soaking, discard excess water and add 12 cups fresh water and bring to a rolling boil. Cover and cook beans for 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While beans are cooking, sauté onion, garlic, and meat in skillet until browned. Add tomatoes, lemon juice, and contents of seasoning packet to beef mixture. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add mixture to the pot of beans and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes.
add your own review
There are currently no reviews for this recipe. Click the "add your own review" to share your opinion!