All the great tastes of a classic NY Reuben sandwich, but in a soup. Hurst's 15 BEAN SOUP is paired with slow cooked corned beef, sauerkraut, and 1000 Island sour cream to make an awesome dish.
- 1 package Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP®
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. cooked corned beef, cubed
- 12 oz. sauerkraut
- 64 oz. beef broth
- Swiss cheese (1 slice per serving)
- 1000-Island sour cream (recipe below)
Cooking Directions ( reviews )
- Pour dry beans into a strainer. Rinse thoroughly and check for any stones or debris.
- In a large bowl, soak beans in water for at least 4 hours, up to overnight. Discard any excess water after soaking.
- Add beans, onion, garlic, corned beef, and beef broth to a large pot over medium-high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 60 minutes. Check beans for doneness.
- When completely tender, add sauerkraut and Hurst’s seasoning packet. Continue to simmer for additional 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with swiss cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!
- 1000-Island Sour Cream
- Combine and chill:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
add your own review
There are currently no reviews for this recipe. Click the "add your own review" to share your opinion!